SOLAR POWER: A COMMERCIAL BREAK FOR BUSINESSES
Posted on 10th August 2022 at 12:02
There’s a lot of talk about the impact of rising energy prices on the cost of living and on household expenditure – but businesses are just as badly affected.
The basic operational energy requirements for factories, farms and other major commercial premises are significant, and cutting down on usage isn’t an option if they want to stay in business.
And the same pressures are on service providers too - like schools, hospitals, medical centres, care homes, leisure centres and libraries. It also applies to office-based businesses which have to provide light and heat (or aircon!) for their staff and run their computer systems and other equipment.
So, what options do they have to mitigate the cost of their energy bills? The answer: solar energy. There can be significant benefits from utilising roof space and installing solar panels and battery systems on all sorts of commercial or public premises.
Here are the key ones:
• Cost savings: generate free, green electricity during daytime hours that can be used on site and if you make more than you need, it can be saved in a battery for use at other times. There are also a range of grants and incentives on offer – you need to be careful they are ‘official’ because there are a lot of scams about, but the government’s OFGEM website is a good place to start your research. Find business energy efficiency grants and schemes | Ofgem
• Financial stability: a solar powered energy system is a smart investment for any business that needs to make financial forecasts – not an easy task with external factors changing on an almost daily basis. Energy prices are predicted to continue rising sharply in the next 10 years, so finding some way to plan accurately – such as by offsetting your costs with your own renewable energy source – is extremely helpful.
• Low risk investment: the recent rise in the cost of energy has made the Return on Investment (ROI) ratio for solar power better than ever. With a reliable provider, the returns could exceed those from traditional low risk financial products, making the purchase of equipment to harness renewable solar energy a sound business decision.
• Energy security: with the UK currently struggling to generate enough electricity for its ever-growing needs, now might be an excellent time to get our own independent system up and running. Your own solar power is a reliable and safe source of energy with future-proofing built in.
• Reduced carbon footprint: many governments, businesses and individuals are trying to do their bit to reduce their carbon footprint and their impact on climate change. The solar power industry is one of the most sustainable and environmentally friendly available and many businesses are proud to be associated with it. You can be seen as a leader in this area, showing your commitment to protecting our planet and maximising our resources.
At SCA Solar, we offer expert Photovoltaic (PV) installation services for the commercial sector with an expert understanding of how to meet the needs and requirements of businesses of all sizes and across all industries.
A typical installation by us includes:
• Surveying, Designing and Planning: getting all the necessary surveys done, securing any permissions required from your energy supplier and working with you to plan the best scheme to maximise your solar generation
• High Grade PV Panels with a 25-year performance warranty
• An inverter to convert the DC power generated by your solar panels into usable AC electricity
• Appropriate roof mountings
• Installation (probably using scaffolding) according to the highest health and safety standards
• Official sign-off and certification
To find out more, see SCA Solar - Commercial Solar Panel Installation Cheshire – and find out if generating solar energy would be right for your business.
This content will only be shown when viewing the full post. Click on this text to edit it.
Share this post: